Who we want to talk to
We want to partner innovative companies in technology or technology-enabled business sectors, with substantial potential for growth.
- Sector focus: software, digital media, e-commerce, healthcare and energy
- Geographic focus: primarily UK-based companies addressing international markets
- Deals: we can invest up to £20m either as sole or lead investor
- Co-investment: we can source additional investment from our limited partners, increasing our deal capacity
To meet our growth equity criteria, companies should have:- substantial and rapidly growing revenues of at least £5 million; be at, or close to, profitability; have successfully developed their technology proposition; be targeting a large and attractive market; and have a first class entrepreneurial management team.
We also have an ancillary venture capital programme, investing up to £1m in companies with a capital efficient business model, strong differentiation and competitive advantage, a scalable business and a commercially validated product.
Our investment decision-making process
- We carry out informed evaluation of each investment opportunity so that we understand the challenges and risks in the business and, ultimately, add the most value when we do invest.
- The valuation reflects the underlying risks but also the potential for returns.
- We give detailed consideration to valuation and investment terms and, although we are commercial, we always aim to be fair and transparent.
- We take substantial minority stakes and will also consider replacement capital under certain circumstances.
Our significant experience is reflected in our approach. We also have short internal approval processes, so that we can make decisions quickly and efficiently.
Send us your plan
If your company meets our criteria and you would like to discuss potential investment then please send your business plan or an executive summary to email@example.com. Your business plan should detail your product or service, market size and growth potential, competition, management team, financials (past and forecast), and your funding requirement.