Who we want to talk to
We want to back innovative companies in technology or technology enabled business sectors, with substantial potential for growth.
- Sector focus: software, media, e-commerce, healthcare and energy
- Geographic focus: primarily UK-based with international markets
- Deals: we invest from £5m to £15m of growth equity either as sole or lead investor
- Co-investment: we can source additional investment from our limited partners, increasing our deal capacity
To meet our growth equity criteria, companies should have substantial and rapidly growing revenues of at least £5 million; be at, or close to, profitability; have low residual technology risk; be targeting a large and attractive market; and have a high calibre, entrepreneurial management team.
We also have an ancillary venture capital programme, investing up to £1m in companies with a capital efficient business model, strong differentiation and competitive advantage, a scalable business and a product that has been commercially validated.
Our thorough investment decision-making procedures
- We carry out informed evaluation of each investment opportunity so that we understand the challenges and risks in the business and, ultimately, add the most value when we do invest.
- The valuation reflects the underlying risks but also the potential for returns.
- We give detailed consideration to deal pricing and investment terms and, although we are commercial, we always aim to be fair and transparent.
- We take substantial minority stakes and will also consider replacement capital under certain circumstances.
Our significant experience is reflected in our approach. We also have short internal approval processes, so that we can make decisions quickly and efficiently.